Thursday, July 7, 2016

543: Joining Online Communities

The four online communities that I joined are: Tech Tools for the Classroom, Flipped Classrooms, Grammar, and Instructional Strategies for Reading Improvement K-8.  These communities were through edweb.net and Edmodo.  Here are the screenshots of what I contributed to the groups.


I joined the group Tech Tools for the Classroom from edweb.net.  I uploaded a link to an article about how to make flashcards for your classroom using Google Sheets.


Later, I added a link to the article, 5 Fantastic Apps for Reluctant Readers.

Then I remembered a great article that would benefit many teachers who have a technology rich classroom.


I went through the discussion forums to look at the topics that people were discussing.  I found this question about social media and added a resource that he might be able to use.



I joined/followed a group on Edmodo about flipped classrooms.  I provided a link to a really great article on the Teacher's Guide to Flipped Classrooms by Edudemic. Here's the article if you would like to see it to: http://www.edudemic.com/guides/flipped-classrooms-guide/


I also posted a question to the group.


My question got a response not too long after I posted it.






I am following a Grammar group on Edmodo.  I responded to someone's questions about uploading Word documents and Google Docs.

I added a link to some grammar iPad apps.



I joined the group Instructional Strategies for Reading Improvement K-8.  I really wanted to be part of this group since I am going to be teaching fifth grade reading this year.  I posted in the introduction section and hope to here back from others with resources.
I also added an article to the resources on the important of Language Purpose.





No comments:

Post a Comment